The Brave Ebola FIghters | Teen Ink

The Brave Ebola FIghters

November 7, 2014
By The_flying_unicorn SILVER, Princteon Junction, New Jersey
The_flying_unicorn SILVER, Princteon Junction, New Jersey
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear Editor:


Ebola virus disease (EVD; also Ebola hemorrhagic fever (EHF)) or simply Ebola is a disease of humans and other primates caused by ebola viruses.Signs and symptoms typically start between two days and three weeks after contracting the virus, with a fever, sore throat, muscle pain and headaches. Then, vomiting, diarrhea and rash usually follows, along with decreased function of the liver and kidneys. At this time, generally, some people begin to bleed both internally and externally.Death, if it occurs, is typically six to sixteen days after symptoms appear and is often due to low blood pressure from fluid loss.


Even though the Ebola virus disease will cause death. Still there are many Doctor Without Borders go to  South Africa to cure the patients. One of them is Doctor Craig Spencer. Unluckily he showed the symptoms for Ebola October 22. October 23 he was tested positive for Ebola. I think all the doctor without borders are very brave. The contribute their life to save patients that could not afford to pay a doctor. Or some place there isn’t even a doctor to cure disease.


Now Ebola is spreading and many people are dieing,I wish there is a way to cure it. Even though now the cure chance is very small. It is only 30 percent . In South Africa every day there are people dying.


          Sincerely
          Angela P.


The author's comments:

The Doctors Without Boarders are very brave. THye risk their life to help other people.