School Lunches | Teen Ink

School Lunches

September 30, 2014
By sarahlovesstitch BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
sarahlovesstitch BRONZE, Bremen, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Students come to school to learn, but have you noticed that they have been complaining about their lunches lately? School lunches are all processed meat, and fake. Not to mention that they are disgusting. Why do we make our kids eat these disgusting meals?

Our students are the next generation of our lives, if they start eating unhealthy now, then they will eat unhealthy later and all throughout their entire life. Our present life is obese; the future shouldn’t be the same. 36% of Americans are obese. This can change, starting in our schools. Sarah talked to Elizabeth Torres, a student from Bremen Public Schools about her lunch,”Lets see, I think that school lunches are very disgusting, I think they should actually have good food and not the disgusting food that they are serving.”

Being obese is unhealthy, and you can get sick. You could even die from getting obese from the school lunches, do you want this to happen to your child from their school lunch? They’re just innocent, helpless little children, that can’t help what lunch they get. It’s disgusting, unhealthy, and not appetizing. They’re just children, they can’t help it, but you can….