Eating Disorders

My Anorexia started in 6th grade. I thought my body was distorted, I thought my food was poison. I had no idea the simple action of restricting would continue on a road to destruction.
I've been to a psych ward, and an eating disorder unit. I've witnessed people who think like I do, look like I do, and do what I do. I slept with an IV, funneling water through my dehydrated body. I slept with a feeding tube shoved unwilling down my nose and throat, nurturing my feeble physique. I slept with my demons.
Anorexia has been branded into my mind, and will stay there forever. On top of the fight with Ana, I have added a new competitor. Bulimia. We don't get along as well as Ana and I, but Bulimia is comforting.
I'm fourteen years of age, but I feel like I've lived a lifetime. I still battle Ed, and so does my family. Each day we face the struggles Anorexia and Bulimia has given me. Each day is a fight to the end.
I want to grow up and be successful. I want to be a mother, I want my children to look up to a healthy and happy woman.
I would never wish an Eating Disorder on my worst enemy. It is the single most devastating experience I have gone through.

KennaLynn14 said...
Your article is very inspiring! But the funny thing about your article is that it also relates to me! Im 13 years old, 1 year younger than yourself, and ive been dealing with anorexia for 1 year, and its been a hard one! Mine was triggered by a Health teacher who called me fat 2 times, and it really hurt me to the point where i also starved myself, never vomitted or had bulimic signs just starved myself! I lost 38 pounds in 5 months, and i started out weighing 135 pounds! Now i weigh 104 and im ... (more »)

ohheyyyelli said...
I have EDNOs, and I completely relate to this article. (I have a couple of writing pieces on here that I wrote about my ed also, feel free to read them). I suffer from a mix of anorexia & bulimia, which is why I was diagnosed ednos. It's the toughest thing. I hope you can recover, I know if you want to you can. Oh and "I slept with my demons." That sentence, is perfect. I hope the best for you♥

musicgirl757 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm sorry about this. I can relate, a lot and I'm sorry you had to go through all this.