Are Cell Phones Dangerous? | Teen Ink

Are Cell Phones Dangerous?

By Boyos BRONZE, Wyndmere, North Dakota
Boyos BRONZE, Wyndmere, North Dakota

"Believe with all of your heart that you will do what you were made to do." Orison Swett Marden

I am writing about why cell phones are dangerous to people’s health. The reason I chose this topic is because I use my cell phone a lot and want to know if it is hurting my health. When you are talking on your cell phone there are many microwave radiation waves going through your head as the source of signal for the wireless phone. There has been a study on the development of brain tumors and the amount of time you talk on the phone due to these radiation waves. The same radiation waves in cell phones are also used in microwaves so that means when you talk on your phone for several hours at a time the phone heats up and causes blood flowing in the ear. The doctors say to reduce this heat and avoid the risk of cancer by using headsets to talk on the phone or use text messaging. Overall the idea of this article was to tell people to use their cell phones less.

Doing the research and finding out about all this bad stuff cell phones can do to your health inspired me to write about it. I hope people get the point not to use cell phones as much.