Youth Is No Excuse | Teen Ink

Youth Is No Excuse MAG

Being young is no excuse not to think about your health. Now is the perfect time for teenagers to think about their future health. Health problems that develop when a person is older usually stem from habits when they were young. Teenagers who eat a lot of junk food and watch TV all day are more likely to have a weight or health problem than kids who are active and follow a healthy diet. Young people who care about their health now may have fewer problems when they are older.

Even though I am a health nut, I understand that most teenagers have very crazy lives. Most work, play sports and, of course, go to school. It is much more tempting to lay on the couch after school than to exercise, but it could have a negative effect in the long run. Grabbing McDonalds or Wendy's on the way to school or work is much easier than cooking a healthy meal. This may seem like an easy solution when you're running late for work, but could have consequences on your health. You don't need a lot of time to be in good shape. Just be smart, instead of getting fast food, grab an apple or salad. Take 15-25 minutes three to five times a week and go for a jog, walk, or even dance. Whatever burns those calories! Try to do easy exercises that involve cardio-vascular activity. You can shed those extra pounds and keep those organs pumping at the same time. tf

Sar232 said...
on May. 22 2009 at 2:42 am
That is some very good advice. Keep working toward your goals everyone!!