Unhealthy Americans? | Teen Ink

Unhealthy Americans? MAG

By Anonymous

   What I'm about to say may offend people, but it's one of the most talked-about topicsthis year. I'm kind of tired of hearing about it, but I am also worried. A lot ofpeople in America are overweight. I too seem to have gained a few poundsrecently, but I stay active and I'm not going to worry about that. I can't saythat I'm stressed out but other teens might be. Teens, we need to stay fit,exercise, and chill our nerves.

You're probably thinking, Exercise? Isn'tthat for adults? I'm talking about roller blading and bike riding. You don't haveto go to some big fancy gym. All you have to do is one of these activities 30minutes a day three days a week. An even easier exercise is walking. If you walk,you get a great workout without even noticing.

How these exercises helpcan't be measured. Not only do they strengthen your bones, they can make yourmuscles bigger, guys. And girls, they can make your legs toned and abs flatter.They also can reduce the risk of some diseases and strengthen your heart. What itdoes best is give you confidence and a mental high.

Eating healthy is alsoa big factor. Everyone knows we like to sneak down late at night and grab thatbag of chips. Almost everyone has done it at one time or another. Even though wethink it's worth it, it's really not. We should avoid eating fatty foods beforegoing to bed because we just end up lying on it all night and not burning it off.If we eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, then we'll be in much better shape. Ifwe keep eating candy and too much junk, we are not getting the right amount ofvitamins and all those other things our body needs.

We should try a littleharder to keep our health up. I hope some of you take this seriously. Please tryto get healthy and stay that way.