Anxiety Disorder Is For Real | Teen Ink

Anxiety Disorder Is For Real

Okay. For starters, I have anxiety disorder. Symptoms of this disorder include: being unable to handle harsh behavior, sweating during tense times, not being able to concentrate during tests, During tense situations, a panic attack may occur, your hands could shake, and you may feel hopeless.
An anxiety attack may consist of shortness of breath, a feeling of suicidle thoughts, shaking, gasping for breath, many negative thoughts, all uncontrollable. I have experienced all of these things for myself.
Many people have found dis-belief in my anxiety disorder and would tell me to just chill out. That hurts a lot. Too much anxiety can lead to depression, which it has quite often in me. It has effected my social skills, ability to do good on tests, my blood pressure, and many other things.
Finally though, I went to a psychiatrist for help..because the anxiety was stopping me from being who I truly am. I was prescribed medications that have impacted my life in the most positive way. People could tell I had changed. If you feel you have too much anxiety, don't ever be afraid to ask for help; and also don't let anyone prove you wrong.

I would never wish for anyone to have an anxiety disorder or feel like they are alone in their situation. I want people to know that there i help available.