Live Strong This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Hey, where did you get thatbracelet?” This is a question asked of many that refers to theLive Strong yellow bands. The Lance Armstrong Foundation teamed up withNike to create this fashionable way to raise money for cancer researchto benefit people around the world. Armstrong stayed strong and won hisfirst Tour de France in 1996, the same year he was diagnosed withcancer.

Nike and the Armstrong Foundation produce what somemight call a miracle. The rubber yellow bracelets cost a dollar each andso far 33 million have been sold, which is totally amazing.

Mymother is a breast cancer survivor but many have lost loved ones to thisdisease. The research money will hopefully result in drugs to give morepeople a chance.

Cancer takes too many lives, and is mysteriousin a horrific way. Whether people don the bracelet as a fashionstatement or for personal reasons, it’s all for a great cause.Armstrong says, “Yellow wakes me up in the morning, yellow gets meon the bike every day, yellow has taught me the true meaning ofsacrifice, yellow makes me suffer, yellow is the reason I’mhere.”

Buy a bracelet to help others Live Strong. I am asupporter of yellow. Are you?

Buy bracelets at laf.org orwww.nike.com/wearyellow