Join a Gym! | Teen Ink

Join a Gym! MAG

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is not always easy. It takes time and effort, but workouts play a critical role and can help improve your lifestyle.

Working out at a gym is fun and energizing, and often includes classes (kickboxing, yoga, Pilates, spinning and strength training). Gyms also provide opportunities to meet new people. In fact, being with friends and peers will help you exercise better. Not only will this create good feelings but a more positive attitude since endorphins are released, which make you feel happy and energized.

People often lack motivation to exercise, so belonging to a gym will help since they require a monthly fee, making you want to use what you paid for. The atmosphere is motivating since trainers offer safe, planned workouts. Many intend to exercise at home, but it’s very easy to get distracted and gym equipment and videos are costly and take up space.

The best part of a gym, though, is the health benefits. Working out helps burn fat and calories and even after just a short time, people tend to lose weight and become more fit. Exercising also contributes to increased muscle. Being stronger will help you perform daily activities with more ease. Also, once muscle replaces fat, it’s easier to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. Gyms even offer nutritional classes and easy access to personal trainers.

Joining a gym may appear to be expensive, but most are about a dollar a day (if you go daily) and the majority offer reduced rates for students. It does take time to exercise, but to maintain a healthy lifestyle, working out is essential. Chances are there is a gym near your house. Even if you’re busy, exercising should be a priority and takes 30 to 60 minutes a day (even every other day will help). This is about the time the average person spends in front of TV. And since many gyms have TVs, you can even watch while exercising.

Having the motivation and ability to exercise on a regular basis will take you one step closer to achieving a healthy life. Will you join?

Akkki said...
Writer ...uh have got good writng skills ...,,,these Are very helpful to me for preparing a topic on it as well as practicallly

Spike9110 BRONZE, Bronx, New York

This world needs to be a better place for children.

This editorial Was AMAZING!!!!!(: