Electronics, Electronics

Electronics are taking over the modern world. What happened to writing somebody a letter, or going and knocking on somebody’s door to talk to them? Instead of learning how to talk to somebody in person, the new generation is learning how to text and call but not actually looks somebody in the eye and say it to them. The proper way to talk is disappearing with each new electronic advancement.
There have been 1.8 TRILLION text messages sent this year. There is an estimate of about 93 % of Americans use cellular devices, and about 1/3 of those cell phones are smart phones which means that they can check emails and browse the internet in the palm of your hand, according to child parenting .com. Worry that with all these advancements that the future generation of kids will not learn face to face conversation.” Kids are spending an average of more than 7 1/2 hours a day using electronic media, which includes TV, the Internet, video games, and mobile devices, according to a new report by the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.” Most people walk around with their nose buried in their smart phones and completely ignore the people who are in the same room as them. I believe that without the general face to face conversations people will not be able to get passable jobs. When they apply they will not know how to be friendly and will not be able to directly communicate with the person, they are not going to be able to send them a text or email.
Researchers from the University of Glasgow found that half the study participants reported checking their email once an hour and that some check their email 30 to 40 times an hour. An AOL study revealed that 59 percent of PDA users check every single time an email arrives and 83 percent check email every day on vacation. This is completely unacceptable! Where this generation has gone is the completely wrong direction, we should be working on talking to people in person, something you can touch that lives and breathes, but we are moving toward FaceTime and ooVoo. This is unacceptable and it needs to stop!
While that some things about electronics are good, like the fact that we can communicate to people across the world within a matter of seconds. Electronics are destroying the original face to face conversations and it is completely unnecessary.

A_Journey said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm:
I liked this article, but I think it could be better. For example, you probably shouldn't repeat words too often, like you did when you said "This is unacceptable!" twice. Also, writing in caps should be avoided when trying to emphasize a point. I thought the article would be better is you talked a bit about the opposite view of electronics, and tied it into your piece (ex.- those may be valid points but....). But, anyways, other than that, good job! I sort of agree with you too! :)

nickknackpattywack said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:47 pm:
I believe that this article is a very good representation of todays modern society