Swiming with Current

By , Cicero, IN
I’m so tired of trying to meet everyone’s standards and trying to be perfect. I’m just so sick of the word. For starters, what does “perfect” even mean anymore? Getting plastic surgery to have the body you want or being natural just the way you are with no flaws? Both definitions are not what most of us girls want to hear. We want to be liked based on our personality and our actions, not the clothes and makeup we wear. So how come most of the time it’s the exact opposite of what I just said? That’s what I’m still trying to figure out.

But for me, I will not give into the pressures of society and I will stay true to myself. For some reason I just know that there are not many girls strong enough to join this motion to stay true to ourselves. So I challenge all of you girls out there who feel like they have to act, dress, or be something they are not just to fit in with the “in crowd” to take a stand. But, I cannot make the decision for you. It is up to you whether you will swim with or against the current.