What's the Big Deal? It's Just Sex... | Teen Ink

What's the Big Deal? It's Just Sex...

By Freedom.ThroughPens GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia
Freedom.ThroughPens GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Einstein

The alluring urge to have sex circles the minds of young teenagers. Our society is to blame for recent outbreaks of teens acting out, going against religious beliefs and engaging in sex. Or is it?

I attempt to explain the morality behind issues like this, but I do not understand the issue with engaging in sex. Teenagers are far more likely to have sex than drugs. While both have their unintended consequences, any parents would agree in saying they’d rather have their child participate in sex versus drugs. Drugs, aside from Marijuana, create neurological disorders and disruptions for the developing adolescent.

Morally, sex is a clash for the religiously prone individual. During my youthful years, I did not see sex as an act of sin like some do. I saw it more as an act of nature – an act one will encounter throughout their lifetime in the hopes of producing offspring. On the flip side, those same people who feel sex is meant only for reproduction lose the intimate and closeness factor sex has to offer. Movies and television shows throw the idea of sex around in the air like a hot, baked potato. It’s no wonder closed bedroom doors of young men decrease by age every generation.

The word in itself is thrown around like the word ‘the’ is. Little meaning behind the word ‘sex’ further encourages teens to participate in such acts due to their thinking behind the matter. Most will ponder, “Well, if it means nothing, why not do it?” It’s similar to the word ‘love.’ People will say this word because the rest of the bandwagon is on board. People engage in sex because the rest of the teenage population is experimenting just like generations before them did.

I’m a firm proponent in telling people to do as they please within moderation. That is why I will still stand behind my clear intention. Teenagers should not be discouraged to do as they please. That’s what America stands for, right? “The land of the free,” and what a saying that is.

Prateek said...
Prateek, Stephenville, Texas

there is nothing called impossible

i completely agree with this ,,idk why do they take sex a serious issue its just a fun