ADHD AWARENESS

September is ADHD awareness month! The awareness ribbon for ADHD is purple. ADHD means attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. People who have this know its real and not a joke. ADHD can make it very hard to sit still and pay attention to things. It’s a bit like a sugar rush without the crash at the end. While it sounds cool, and it is sometimes, a lot of kids like me who have ADHD get picked on in school or get in trouble with teachers who don’t understand why they are different. A lot of times ADHD kids find themselves saying things they don’t mean to or doing things without really stopping to think about it first.

ADHD isn’t all bad though. We can do a lot of things others can’t! All that boundless energy comes in handy for things like running races and cramming for a test. A lot of ADHD kids are really creative and you probably know a lot of them. There are a lot of famous people with ADHD.

Albert Einstein, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michal Jordan, Ty Pennington, Elvis Presley, Robin Williams, and Will smith all have it! and this is only a few! there are a lot more!

AHDH is real! So take some initiative! Go spread the word about ADHD awareness month! You may know people who have ADHD too!

pandagirl312This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think this could be improved by combining sentences. Reading this, there are a lot of short, choppy sentences, and it doesn't flow very well. Try using comma-contractions and semicolons in a few places. :)

RumMonkey said...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 5:10 am:
It sucks to have ADD at times, and then it rocks on other days:) Well-written article!

Annaklusmos replied...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 12:33 pm :
thanks so much!