killing yourself slowly without knowing | Teen Ink

killing yourself slowly without knowing

April 28, 2011
By mandy98k BRONZE, Oldforge, Pennsylvania
mandy98k BRONZE, Oldforge, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
life is like a piano what you get out of it depends on how you play it!


There never a moment I don’t think that I was killing myself really slowly. I could do so much to be healthy but I just didn’t care. since I was 5 I was diagnosed with diabetes. It been about 10 years with it and so much has happened. I now also have kidney problems, liver problems, and celiac. I have been in the hospital more times then I can think. I came close at having a hardtack 14. I came close to death allot more too. I hate having diabetes but when I feel like I cant stand it anymore I always think to myself someone else has it worse and that I have something I can control and you always have to look on the bright side on everything. Now these day I try harder to control it after being in icu with my liver dying and I am sorry that I even didn’t care about myself I cried a million tears when I hard I was killing myself and part of my liver was dying I didn’t no what kind of damage I did to myself I was killing myself slowly.