Pain for Pain

Overwhelmed with emotions anger depression and nobody seems to listen to how we feel and what is causing all o this pain. Everyday thousands of teens are cutting themselves because they dont know how else to deal with this pain nobody seems to listen to them to hear them. They hide their cuts because they dont want to people to see they are ashamed and hurting and the worst part is when and if people find out a lot of them wont do anything whether its be cause they dont know what to do or that theyre afraid of making the person mad or making it worse. I know from personal experience Im not afraid to say I used to cut and I still do and the closest people around me know i do they dont do much but they always ask me if I do and if I have cuts on my wrist and my answer is always the same "No" but the truth is yes. they check my wrists and get mad but I cant help it I cant help why I cut I cant help this depression and nobodt listens and really hears what I'm saying. This pain causes me to lie to myself to others and worst of all my best friends. people need realize that when somebody cuts themselves they need help so help them tell someone an adult you can trust that will know what to do. I'm proud to say I am getting help for my "addiction" and for the physical pain I intentionally inflict on myself because I feel like I cant deal with this pain.

ChoirgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 9:16 pm:
Very well written.  I can really relate being a cutter myself.  Thanks for posting this.  Stay srtong to yourself.

HAILO said...
Mar. 19 at 3:05 pm:
stay strong beatuiful

miracle_of_hope said...
utterly amazing. i have the same thoughts. this is awesome writing

AlexxxX replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 11:28 pm :

Thank you very much :)

Coop123 said...
May 31, 2011 at 9:56 am:

This is so honest and i can truly say i respect what you are saying

squirrelz4life said...
May 20, 2011 at 7:38 am:

This essay can totally relate to me.

I have to write a speech about this topic for school and i can totally use this information.

If you ahve anymore information about this topic lemme know=)

AlexxxX replied...
May 21, 2011 at 12:26 pm :
Well glad you like it :) if you have questions about the topic you can ask me I may not have too much information but I know stuff from personal experience...

DarkenedRainbow said...
May 17, 2011 at 12:30 am:
You make a nice, strong point. But, it's not all about getting the help to stop; the person also has to want to quit. Also, I have friends that cut themselves, some of their parents know, teachers too. No one has really tried to stop them. Asking for help doesn't always work.  It should. But it doesn't all the time. Just another one of life's flawed systems.

keelz said...
May 8, 2011 at 12:21 pm:
well i am glad to see that people like you can admit this to the public others need to pay attention to why they are doing this