Teen Pregnancy | Teen Ink

Teen Pregnancy

There is an estimation of 1 million teen pregnancies in the U.S alone. I don’t know about you but to me that seems like way to many. Teens should be out exploring the world, not stuck in a house taking care of a child. Yes, it’s true, us teens want to enjoy the fun part of sex but we don’t think about the conquences of our own actions. We think it wont happen to me until it’s finally to late. Having a child at a young age can change your life forever…

One way it changes our life is by preventing us from going to school as much as we should. During our child hood we dream of becoming many un-imaginable like some dream of becoming a fireman, a nurse, a doctor, a vet to even qualify for these jobs we must have a high school education. When you have a child you must tend to your child’s every need, even if it means you have too miss the big math test that day because your baby always comes first.

One more reason it can change our life is by the decisions we get to make. Yes were teens lest be honest most of us have probably gotten drunk or high at least once, if not more. Well, when you have a child you must think about all the decisions you make because we want to make the right decisions not just for us, but for your baby as well. We don’t want our children to grow up in an unstable environment, and if you like to party and have fun that’s not the kind of life you should want your child to grow up around. Not seeing their parents as much as they should. As a parent we should want to be there for our child’s first steps, be around to hear their first words, but that’ll be hard if us make the wrong decisions.

It’s always easy for the father to get up and walk away even before the baby is born. He might even leave after the baby is born. Trust me, I’ve seen it happen more than once. I’m pretty sure you have too. Even though they say they’ll stay, something in them changes. I think they get scared of commitment, but I’m not entirely sure. They say that they love you, and they probably do they just don’t want to give up all their freedom for the baby they think they should have the choice of staying or leaving, but like I’ve said it takes two to make a baby well it should take two to take care of one. It is also true that some guys make the right choice to stay.

Teen pregnancy is one of the most difficult experiences a young couple might ever have to face. That’s why I believe it’s important to wait till your old enough. I know were going to at some point want to have sex I mean come on were teens but we got to be smart and use protection and think about the conquences of your actions. The best way not to get pregnant is to not have sex at all, but like I said were teens sometimes we just want to try new things. Enjoy tour teenage life while you can before it’s gone.