Delicious | Teen Ink

Delicious

1,270. This is how many calories are in a Texas Triple Whopper sandwich at Burger King. 1,730. This is the amount of calories I need per day to maintain my current weight. If I ate this meal, it would be almost 75% of my daily calorie intake. In my opinion, this is clearly disgusting. Yet, thousands of people eat this sandwich daily, and it’s just one meal for them. Fast food restaurants are encouraging people to eat and consume calories. Because of this, America is an obese nation. I would think people would become disinterested in learning the amount of calories. It’s not like individuals aren’t aware of the calories – they know. Fast food restaurants are required to display the calorie count for each of their products somewhere in their restaurant. Though some people say this is not fast food, Subway, has the calories printed on their napkins. I really don’t understand why so many people keep eating this stuff.

I wrote this because I wanted to make people aware of the amount of calories they are actually consuming by eating at a restaurant such as this one. Though not all food contains this many calories, the amount for most is much higher than what people realize.