I think therefore I am…vegetarian

By
More by this author
I don’t eat anything with a face. Being vegetarian I don’t eat animals instead I eat foods such as whole grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables. The are several pros to being vegetarian; the vegetarian diet leads to lower health rises, helps reduce one’s carbon footprint, and prevents animal cruelty. Therefore, I think it would be in everyone’s best interest if more people like yourself switched to a vegetarian diet.


I think therefore I am…vegetarian. Many experts agree that vegetarian diets are good for you. According to the American Dietetic Association, for instance, "Vegetarian plans tend to result in lower rates of heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and some forms of cancer. Vegetarians also tend to have lower body mass indexes and cholesterol levels." Humans are not meant to consume other animal products, or processed foods, candies, junk foods, etc. Doing so can cause illnesses leading to large expenses in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. A large amount of scientific studies suggest a diet of whole grains, fruits, nuts, and vegetables, with the avoidance of meat and other high-fat animal products, along with daily exercise which will lead to lower blood pressures, less obesity, lower blood cholesterol consequently less heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and cancer.


Livestock farming now a days are in factories and in tales incredible animal abuse. Animals on factory farms are treated like meat, milk, and egg machines. They don’t get to enjoy life only look forward to the day it either improves, which it doesn’t on the factory farm, or ends. Animals raised for food are bred and drugged to grow as large as possible as quickly as possible. Animals on factory farms don't see the sun or get a breath of fresh air until they are forcefully crammed onto trucks for a ride from hell to the slaughterhouse, often through terrible weather condition and always without food or water. Many die during transport. By taking out meat or other animal products from your diet you will be sparing an animal of a short, terrible life of torture.


Becoming a vegetarian is one of the simplest ways to reduce your impact on the environment. Farming livestock has a hugely damaging effect on nature and it’s just not necessary. Livestock farming produces huge amounts of greenhouse gas emissions. According to Vegetarian Times, only 3.2% of Americans are vegetarian. For the other 96.8% of America, beef, chicken, and pork play a large part in their diet. Because of this demand meat production has grown. Not only does livestock farming effect the ozone layer it also affects the water system and wildlife. Livestock production is responsible for 70% of Amazon deforestation. Manure, antibiotics and hormones that are used in livestock farming find their way into our water system. Producing fruits and vegetables uses much less freshwater than the farming of livestock. Approximately 1,800 to 2,500 gallons of water are used to create a single pound of beef! While An average pound of lettuce requires just 23 gallons of water to produce. If people swapped meat and fish for a plant-based diet the impression that is left on the environment will be great.


In conclusion, more people should become vegetarian like myself. If you undergo a vegetarian diet than you doing a great justice to not only yourself but the environment and all wildlife. Maintaining a vegetarian diet might seem hard or even impossible to you but it will be worthwhile in the long run.





Post a Comment

Be the first to comment on this article!

bRealTime banner ad on the left side
Site Feedback