Biggest Problem Students Face... | Teen Ink

Biggest Problem Students Face...

By a.l.82895 BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska
a.l.82895 BRONZE, Lexington, Nebraska

There are many problems that students face these days, but the biggest problem that students face is not getting enough sleep. It is very important to get enough sleep in order to perform at your best. Sleepiness will affect your overall life. If a student does not get enough sleep it is less likely that they do better in school. Students are also not as healthy if they do not get the minimum hours of sleep. In addition, sleepiness can make it harder to get along with friends and family. Teachers taking in consideration the need for sleep in students could help solve this problem.
Sleepiness affects students in so many ways. Many students do not do as good in school as they can because they are exhausted and drowsy. Studies show that when a student is well rested they will score better on a test than someone who has not rested at all. That is why teachers always tell you to come well rested for a test. Teachers always say to sleep a lot before a test, but there are usually assignments that the student has to complete before they can go to sleep. Usually students stay up and do badly on the test because they are too sleepy to perform at their best. Teachers also put too much on tests. If the students want to get a good grade they have to study and that means staying up late too. They will have studied a lot, but they will not be well rested. Then, they will have to study for other tests. During the last week of the semester teachers always have tests on the same day. I think that all teachers should have their finals on a different day of the week.
A lot of people have opposing viewpoints over sleep and teens. Some people think that students already get enough sleep, but studies show that only 15% of teens reported sleeping 8 1/2 hours on school nights. That is the bare minimum of the number hours that teens need to sleep in order function well. A lot of teachers and adults say that students need to prioritize better. They say that you need to finish your work before you do anything. Well, students have a life too. Sometimes they need to help out around the house or sometimes they just need a break. I don’t think anyone wants to be sitting in one spot the whole day. Teachers need to start to understand students more.
There are many ways that this problem can be solved. One way that this problem can be solved is by teachers giving students less work to do at home. Also, have tests more frequently so that not all the material is on a huge test that would take hours to study for. In addition, teachers need to be in agreement for when students will have tests, so that tests don’t pile up.
Overall, I think that the biggest problem that students face today is the lack of sleep that they get. Lack of sleep affects the students overall life and can cause them to be cranky or get mad at friends and family. Also, teachers need to not assign as much homework so that students can get the sleep that they need. If all teachers were in agreement they could all help students be better rested and ready for the next day.

Matt said...
on Sep. 19 2016 at 7:56 am
It is a great article!