Think P!nk | Teen Ink

Think P!nk

By gymchik6494 GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin
gymchik6494 GOLD, Delafield, Wisconsin

Anton’s Salon and Spa is one of the hundreds of business contributing to Breast Cancer Research. Anton’s has directed their attention to the teenage girls affected by Breast Cancer or simply want to make a difference by selling pink hair extensions.

For the month of October, Anton’s is selling hot or light colored pink hair extensions. For $15 per extension, Anton’s has sold hundreds of extensions already.

Girls at Arrowhead have taken an interest in this product. Left and right, hallways are filled with girls showing their awareness.

Junior Emily Bird was of the first students to hear of this promotion. This year is the third year Bird had the pink streak put in her hair in honor of her mom surviving Breast Cancer.
“I use to go to another salon but once they stopped doing it I had no idea what to do,“ says Bird. “My cousin informed me of the promotion through Anton’s and I went for it right away.”
Now, girls throughout Arrowhead sport the thin line of pink through their hair. Monday, October 18th the Bird family celebrated nine years of being Cancer Free.