Nobodys Perfect | Teen Ink

Nobodys Perfect

November 18, 2010
By 413rlm BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
413rlm BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
2 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Blood, sweat, and tears; there are always rough spots in any goal someone might have. Most teenagers in high school have that main goal to be the beautiful captain on the cheerleading squad or to be the handsome quarter back on the football team. On the other hand, some teens are lazy and reach the level of obesity where they cannot even run for 10 minutes. Some people have worked hard for a sport they loved; while others were eating and staying inside. If every child played outside, exercised, or played a sport there would be a higher percentage of healthy kids.
From experience, learning how to do new exercises and playing sports can be tiring and hard. Not only does someone needs to workout for the strength of the activity, but one must also be able to have it in his or her mind that they can do it. Pushing the body to the biggest limits and learning how to use muscles that have never been used before. It’s a real pain the next day, which shows how good of an exercise it can be. Usually after a good workout your muscles will ache, mostly a sign of a good working and your muscles will start getting stronger.
All sports are important in this generation; from football to golf or from cheerleading and gymnastics to tennis. It is important that more kids become athletic so that no one will get lazy and unhealthy. The United States now has the highest obesity rate in the world. It is a proven fact that 300,000 people die each year from health problems related to obesity. I know of a lady who died from obesity and it was extremely sad to see that happen.
It is sad to see what our country is becoming, obese on one end and magazine cover perfect obsessed on the other, so everyone should try to make a change. Get active, go outside, eat right, make a change, and help lower the obesity rate.