SMOKING IS FOR YOU! | Teen Ink

SMOKING IS FOR YOU!

By deleonl BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts
deleonl BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts

Smoking is definitely the best way to go if you’re looking for a quick way to quit life. Bad looking? Smoke. Husband or wife cheated? Smoke. Bad credit? Smoke. Can’t find a legal way to commit suicide? Smoke. Hate your neighbor? Smoke. Failed another math test? Smoke it. People say smoking is “bad” for you. That’s because they haven’t tried the new BBB (blue berry bronchitis flavor)! “Bad” is the new cool. Drugs are “bad,” violence is bad”, random sex is “bad”, but smoking is “bad” because it’s the shizzney.

(This is an interview based on a true story. Names where changed to protect cool identities.)

(Smokey, Die) 40 years old: “ When I was young, I loved to play baseball. I enjoyed going to the beach for long walks. Bike riding at the park was always one of my favorite hobbies. I also smoked to kill time.”

*Pause*

“Later on, I had to quit baseball, coach said he didn’t want any balls going through my neck. I still love walking at the beach, but I’m scared of that giant whale that loves lung cancer. The park is still good for biking, but I have no legs any more. I still smoke, Boy I’m glad I still have my two fingers.”

This is an example of what true happiness and faith smoking brings! Smoking can help you succeed, from the time you were young, HIGH school, all the way to your deathbed! This man right here is cool, why? Because he’s smoked it all. So try it! because SMOKING IS FOR YOU!

This sarcastic view on smoking tries to tell people that smoking is bad in a different non-traditional way.

on May. 25 2011 at 4:26 am
DarkenedRainbow BRONZE, Clinton, Iowa

Rhyming and I, When we meet it is a mere coincidence...

I was a little confused when I saw the title, but this is very good. I like how you used humor to get the message out.

on Dec. 16 2010 at 7:02 pm
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

YoUR WELCOME :)

deleonl said...
on Dec. 16 2010 at 6:56 pm
I completely agree kids shouldn't read this; I was aiming for an older teen audience. People don't like to be told what to do so I thought I would tell them in a "funny" way that this is the most dangerous product known to man. Thanks to both of you for your opinions!

on Dec. 15 2010 at 9:32 pm
Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

I like this. It certainly stands out from all the "smoking is bad, don't do it" pieces that use the same methods to convince us not to do it. Most people wouldn't read it and that's how this is different: You use humour to convey thre message. I'm glad kids won't see it though because if they did, they might get the wrong message. Well done.      

on Dec. 10 2010 at 1:51 pm

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

i didn't imply anything really. i just said i think it sounds like an advertisement very young kids shouldnt see.

Nothing against it though. It you wanna make people more aware of the dangers of smoking by posting a sarcastic advertisement, then by all means, i'm not stopping you

deleonl BRONZE said...
on Dec. 9 2010 at 11:12 pm
deleonl BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts
hi, are you implying this this shouldn't be on teen ink ?

on Dec. 8 2010 at 11:03 am

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

this is just like an advertisement little kids SHOULDNT see