SMOKING IS FOR YOU!

Smoking is definitely the best way to go if you’re looking for a quick way to quit life. Bad looking? Smoke. Husband or wife cheated? Smoke. Bad credit? Smoke. Can’t find a legal way to commit suicide? Smoke. Hate your neighbor? Smoke. Failed another math test? Smoke it. People say smoking is “bad” for you. That’s because they haven’t tried the new BBB (blue berry bronchitis flavor)! “Bad” is the new cool. Drugs are “bad,” violence is bad”, random sex is “bad”, but smoking is “bad” because it’s the shizzney.

(This is an interview based on a true story. Names where changed to protect cool identities.)

(Smokey, Die) 40 years old: “ When I was young, I loved to play baseball. I enjoyed going to the beach for long walks. Bike riding at the park was always one of my favorite hobbies. I also smoked to kill time.”

*Pause*

“Later on, I had to quit baseball, coach said he didn’t want any balls going through my neck. I still love walking at the beach, but I’m scared of that giant whale that loves lung cancer. The park is still good for biking, but I have no legs any more. I still smoke, Boy I’m glad I still have my two fingers.”

This is an example of what true happiness and faith smoking brings! Smoking can help you succeed, from the time you were young, HIGH school, all the way to your deathbed! This man right here is cool, why? Because he’s smoked it all. So try it! because SMOKING IS FOR YOU!

DarkenedRainbow said...
May 25, 2011 at 4:26 am
I was a little confused when I saw the title, but this is very good. I like how you used humor to get the message out.

Medina D. said...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 11:03 am
this is just like an advertisement little kids SHOULDNT see

deleonl replied...
hi, are you implying this this shouldn't be on teen ink ?

Medina D. replied...

i didn't imply anything really. i just said i think it sounds like an advertisement very young kids shouldnt see.

Nothing against it though. It you wanna make people more aware of the dangers of smoking by posting a sarcastic advertisement, then by all means, i'm not stopping you

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I like this. It certainly stands out from all the "smoking is bad, don't do it" pieces that use the same methods to convince us not to do it. Most people wouldn't read it and that's how this is different: You use humour to convey thre message. I'm glad kids won't see it though because if they did, they might get the wrong message. Well done.      

deleonl replied...
I completely agree kids shouldn't read this; I was aiming for an older teen audience. People don't like to be told what to do so I thought I would tell them in a "funny" way that this is the most dangerous product known to man. Thanks to both of you for your opinions!

Medina D. replied...
YoUR WELCOME :)