Junk Food

Greasy, unhealthy, oily food gets served on your tray. Seeing everyone eat it and get unhealthier and fatter with every bite is utterly repulsive. In any case, unhealthy food like French fries, chips, chocolate chip cookies, and other fatty, salty, and sugary junk is being served to thousands of American kids everyday. Undeniably, junk food is addictive to people just like nicotine. This is because, for obese people, junk food can trigger the same response in the brain as people addicted to nicotine or any other drug. Consequently, there should be stricter regulations on junk foods at schools because kids can get serious illnesses caused by obesity and the foods they eat.

Without any rules like this, kids will become overweight. Evidently, there are no limits on what there is in food at school cafeterias. Obviously, this means that schools are able to sell chocolate, high fructose juices, chips, or any other junk food that can make kids gain weight rapidly and become unhealthy. However, kids do not need to be eating fattening, unhealthy foods. Therefore, if schools ban these kinds of foods, kids will have a better chance at a better diet.

Kids can develop bad eating habits that are deadly. In some schools, kids get to vote on the healthy foods that will be served since its hard to get kids to like them. With this in mind, children in school will be able to eat healthy foods that they actually like and choose. They’ll see that it isn’t bad to eat healthy and that nutritious foods can be delicious. Therefore, American students should eat healthier at schools. If kids develop bad eating habits, then its more likely they will use them on to their own children.

All schools should be making an effort to promoting healthy foods. Furthermore, many schools are getting food from farms to use in their cafeterias. Thus, using this program will help by serving kids fresh vegetables that can be tasty if done the right way. Also, schools no longer serve whole milk. They use low-fat milk instead. If schools teach their students about healthy eating, they will begin to apply those lessons in their lives and have a better lifestyle.

All the chemicals in junk food basically kills your body and makes you sick. Eating less or no junk food will help this issue. If companies see that their sales are going down, then they’ll stop making junk food. Also, kids can protest against junk food selling companies. On the other hand, if no action is taken, more people will get unfit and unhealthy. Avoiding junk food will prevent our society from becoming obese, suffer from diseases, and die.

distant_dreamer said...
I agree w/ you 110% Say no to Junk Food!!! lol- although I know it is addicting for all americans. Do u eat junk food, if you don't how did you stop? Great Article!!!!!

Mexican_Barbie replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 9:25 pm :
Hahahaha thanks. And i just recently stopped eating junk food. It was actually when I was writing this. I realized that i just needed something to chew. I tried bubblegum and it worked until it hurt my jaw. Now when i get junk food cravings, I eat a granola bar or fruit. ANd it really helps to not BUY any junk food. It made me kinda angry at first when i wanted something to eat but i found other things...like my addiction to red apples. Hahahaha. Thanks for commenting.

distant_dreamer replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 9:52 pm :
Wow, truely, that is really inspiring! I'll do that, and tell you every so often how I'm doing, and if you need encouragment w/ keeping away from junk food, I'll be here! :D

distant_dreamer replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 9:53 pm :
Wow, truely, that is really inspiring! I want to do that too, I know that it will help me, and if you want, I'll tell you every so often how I'm doing, and if you need encouragment w/ keeping away from junk food, I'll be here! :D

Hoodie replied...
Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:25 pm :

Awesome ill be here.