Teenage Alcohol Abuse

Teens and alcohol have been a big factor to teen deaths. From car crashes, homicides, or suicide, most of them started with alcohol. About half of Juniors and Seniors today drink on a monthly basis. 14% of teens have been intoxicated at least once this past year, and 8% of teens now Binge drink.

Binge Drinking is drinking at least five of more drinks in a row. No one is for sure who started it, but it's become a hit for teens no a days. Makes you wonder if they are even thinking about what it can do to them. Binge drinking at an early age can lead to alcoholism a lot earlier then most would think. Lets say you start drinking around 13, by the time your 15 your binge drinking, then by 21 you have a problem.

Each year over 2,000 people under 21 die in car crashes in which underage drinking is to blame. Car crashes are the leading cause of deaths, and about 31% is to blame on alcohol.

The effects of alcohol differ from person to person, but studies show these are the most common effects:

-Decreases the ability to pay attention.

-The younger the person begins drinking, the more likely they are to develop a drinking problem.

-Teens who drink are 3 times more likely to kill themselves than those who don't drink.

-Kids who drink are more likely to engage in sexual activites, unprotected sex, or sex with a stranger.

-Alcohol can lead to emotional problems, for example, anxiety or depression.

-Alochol problems can lead to drug problems.

The effects can be deadly, so it's best to wait till you're 21, or you migh

Kendall said...
this is Great! :)