Why Go Vegetarian?

Going vegetarian can save animals lives, by just simply stop eating meat you can save at least 100 animals a year. I am a vegetarian and proud to be one, and I plan to stay that way. Many people have asked me what I eat. I reply with a big smile on my face, anything I want. Being vegetarian doesn’t mean you have to stick to one type of food, there are many different alternatives for meat; there is tofu, veggie burgers, faux chicken, beef, and pork subs.

Do you know what really goes in the slaughter house?
Animals are being mistreated; Chickens are being scolded to death, while they are still conscious; their beaks are cut off with hot blades and nothing to help ease the pain. Male cattle and pigs are being castrated without painkillers. All farm animals spend most of their lives in dark and crowded warehouses. How would you feel if you were to go through this process?

Some reasons to stop eating meat, and go vegetarian. Did you know in every package of chicken there is poop? With every grain used to feed animals could be used to feed hungry people; because no one should kill for a living; meat if filthy and bloody; because eating meat and dairy products can lead to many diseases such a impotence, heart disease.

It takes a small person to beat up an animal, but it takes an even smaller person to eat one. I believe all animals deserve to live a happy life, and they are just like you and I. these poor defenseless animals don’t get to see the light, or take a breath of fresh air. So help them and go Vegetarian.

SashaLovesYOux3 said...

@ Distant_dreamer

sorry for the wait i have been really busy these couple of weeks

well i'm here now so I'll be able to answer you're question

1) becoming vegetarian is choosing a better lifestyle

2) as you read in the article above you are saving the planet, the animals and yourself

3) some say that vegetarians and vegans are missing out on the good stuff, but in fact veg.s and vegans are having as much fun but we are doing it the healthier wa... (more »)

distant_dreamer said...
Can you tell me all one needs to know about being a vegitarian? I read and liked the article! I'm highly considering b/com. one. :) Just need more info! :D

SashaLovesYOux3 replied...

that's great to hear, sorry about replying late i was busy this whole week.

well not to worry i'm here and ready to share what  you need to know about becoming a vegetarian :)

1. becoming veg. doesnt mean you're missing out, vegetarians and vegans have fun but only healthier

2. you don't have to only eat salads and veggies all the time, there are many other alternatives out there; tofurky, tofu, fakin bacon, chiken etc

3) as you read in the article above it is... (more »)

SashaLovesYOux3 replied...

3) some say that vegetarians and vegans are missing out on the good stuff, but in fact veg.s and vegans are having as much fun but we are doing it the healthier way. there are other altern... (more »)

EveMarie said...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 10:41 am
this is very well written, I am a fellow vergitarian :) I think you should bring up more points though on why, and not just how the animals feel, but how its good for the earth and your health...... like you can get mad cow disease lol. But if you dont get what I mean about bad for the earth, (its a very complicated process) just ask and I'll help :->

SashaLovesYOux3 replied...

i wrote this along time ago i am currently writing a better version && i will keep in mind your iddea :)

ill keep in touch && if i need your help ill ask :)

&& thats cool being a vegetarian rocks :D

Niftygrrl said...
You should also write about how it is good for you and vegetarians live longer than regular people! People love to live =]

Strawberry123 said...
Your article is very well written. And also very convincing. However, you didn't bring up the other side of your topic. Meat is a very important thing for many reasons. As a vegetarian, and eating no meat, you're lacking animal fat. This is very important to your health. These saturated fats won't clog your arteries, cause heart disease, among many other things. Saturated fats also help strengthen your immune system. There are many other reasons why going vegetarian affects your h... (more »)

SashaLovesYOux3 replied...

yeah i see your point i wrote this early in the year

i am working on a better article on the goods and bads of being a vegetarian

thanks for the comment

J. Rae replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:16 am

I agree that meat is very important in a human's diets. We need it to get most of our protein and fat. It can be hard for vegetarians to stay healthy.

Slaughter houses do need to clean up their act. All they need to do is give the animals a little space, feed them once a day, and they will be in animal heaven! And castration with rubber bands involves no pain, so they should do it that way.