Suicide & Kurt Cobain

I believe that suicide is one of the more painful deaths to endure. It's a contradicting issue, I know, but I have reasons why i believe this. I took health my sophomore year in high school. You learn more than just about keeping your body healthy. Health is pretty much all about your life, everything you go through, and everything that affects you in anyway. And what I found out is that a majority of people who are thinking about committing suicide, or have committed suicide, don't really want to die.

Before i go into more detail about that, I want to talk about Kurt Cobain. I want to use him as an example because of the fact that I like Nirvana. We know that Kurt Cobain committed suicide, but I myself personally do not believe that he wanted to die. This goes back to what I was saying in the beginning, about people not really wanting to die. When you're suicidal you're in so, so much pain. You're judgement and thinking is hazed because all you see is negativity. Nothing in you're life seems to be positive. So you start to change as a person, and people will notice it. But do they really know why you're changing?

Many don't always notice it at first, but suicidal people leave signs to the fact that there's something going on with them. They're calling out for help. But do you see it?? They're way of calling out for help may not be in the most up front way. You as a friend, or a parent, or someone close to that person,has to be able to see beyond what you know, and find a way to help that person...before it's to late.

Now back to Kurt Cobain. Nirvana changed the music scene forever. Their most known song "Smells Like Teen Spirit", isn't just a song... it's an anthem. Kurt Cobain was able to relate to teens because he wrote music about the way we feel, and it got to us. But he started to change, and people saw that. Then he got into drugs, which made things even worse. He wasn't happy with himself. But he had Courtney, and he had a baby girl, someone he brought into this world. I don't believe he wanted to leave them. And in my opinion, i think he called out for help. I think his calling was his music. If you just listen to some of the songs he wrote, you'll realize that he was pouring his heart out and begging for help. I believe that Kurt Cobain wanted to live.

Like i said in the beginning, suicide is a really painful death. Knowing that the last thoughts on that persons mind is that they felt alone. They felt hurt, and they didn't see any place for them self on Earth. So in the end they felt it was best for them to go. No one wants that, right? I was once told that "Suicide is not an option, its a permanent solution." And when it comes to your life, you always have a choice. Don't let someone take their life away, and don't let yourself take your own. Get help, and be help.

JacintaT said...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 6:58 am

Huge Nirvana fan.. 

I have thought about suicide like this before.. It's not like you 'want' to die, it's more like you want to just escape everything in your life, and that's the only way to do it..? Is that what you're getting at?

Nirvana replied...
Sept. 29, 2010 at 11:35 am
Yeah you know, bu suicide isn't the only way to escape. Once you make that decision you can't turn back from it...there's always another way out. Seek help, cause you're not alone.

riley... said...
man...i love nirvana...rip kurt

A_Dreamer said...
I like it, it really got me thinking. Good work! :)

Te_Amo_Mis_Amigos said...
A very powerfull peice. I loved it.

Nirvana replied...
thank you very much.