Milk | Teen Ink

Milk

Milk has been a huge part of my life since day one. For as long as I can remember, I have always had a glass of milk with every meal. There have been many times at lunch when I have noticed that my glass of milk is the only healthy beverage on the table. I just don't understand how my friends can eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or cookies without milk.

Most school days, my breakfast consists of a package of Poptarts and a "to-go" cup full of milk since we are allowed to eat during our first period class. My classmates stopped asking me long ago what I had in my cup, knowing what my response would be. Milk. At first, my friends would tease me about always drinking milk, but I would just remind them that I have strong teeth and have never broken a bone.

There have also been times when my beverage choice depends on what my athletic schedule is going to be for the day. If I know that we are having a tough practice or a game, I drink milk. Not only does it keep me physically healthy and strong, I feel that it gives me a good mental boost as well, knowing that I'm doing something good for my body.