My "Perfection"

By , Billings, MT
I come from a very religious family; 2 parents, 3 sister, and 2 dogs. All of which are viewed to be "perfect" in the minds of many.
If only all of those people could see. I am far from any type of perfection. I am a 16 year old girl that looks nothing close to "normal". I don't go to the dances, I don't date, I have never even had my first kiss.
Then I look at all of my friends. Perfect bodies, boys galore, and brand new cars. Why can't I have that?
I find myself watching people. They all seem so happy. Even with simple things. I see a child, happy that his mom bought him an ice cream cone. I see a dog, just happy to be outside. I see the neighbor, content as can be in her garden. I see my best friend, gitty about her crush. Then I look in the mirror and see me, blankness and nothing but imperfection.
I want to be able to look at myself and be proud. I want to be able to smile at the simple things, and eventually at the more complex. I guess I need to look in a new mirror to see these things. I need a new look on life in general. But how can I do this in a world full of "perfection"?

Thinker said...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 8:13 am
You are who you aspire to be, who are you becomming, and why?

Shawna L. said...
utiful and unique in their own way and that way makes you special...it makes you, you! there is no such things as perfection! we all have flaws no matter who we are! You aer not a perfect person, but that's exactly what makes you a beautiful writer don't give up with yourself because of other people around you! don't let them influence you more than neccessary!

Allie97 said...
there is a saying 'the world will be a better place when people realize that imperfection IS perfection.' please keep that in mind =)

This*Lit*Is*Bananas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Just be happy with what you have, look for beauty in the world, and be thankful for everything. Nobody is perfect, but life isn't about being perfect; it's about finding yourself and appreciating the little things. Don't think badly of yourself because you aren't perfect. You are beautiful!