My Mom and Cigarettes

It's really easy to stop smoking. Really, if you think about it, all you need to do is really belive it's easy to quit and that there isn't any kind of addicting stuff in it. Sounds easier, doesn't it? Well my mom doesn't seem to think so. She has been smoking since she was 18 and she's turning 46 this year. She says, "It's harder to quit then losing weight" Yeah.... She's trying to lose a couple pounds as well.... But that's another story. She told me it all started one day at work when one of her "friends" asked if she wanted to try it. How stupid is that??! She should have said no and NEVER tried it.... EVER!!

My dad used to smoke. I guess they smoked together. But then my dad stoped. He said all he did was stop buying them. There you go, Mom! Proof right there on how simple it was! I really don't want you to get Lung Cancer..... I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE!! I love you, Mom!! Dad and the people at work don't know you still smoke. You have to keep buying mouth wash and ferbreez just to cover it! We also have a money problem.... hmm.... I WONDER WHY! We would save so much money if you didn't stop at those stupid cigarette stores every week!

I understand your "need" for cigarettes.... and I appreciate your trying to quit. But, could you maybe try a little harder next time? I really love you Mommy.... and I really don't want to not be able to see your beautiful face everyday.

Please try?

Love, Your Daughter

MiyaQuille This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:31 am:
what i do with my mom is monitor her buying and try and set boundaries. for instance, you can only buy one pack (or one cigarette depending on how much your mom smokes now) at a time, and you can only buy on even days between the hours 12:00 and 1:30. stuff like that. it seems to help!

TheUnknownGuest replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 4:02 pm :
I don't know how she would respond to me doing that. lol I could try... but she might not like being controlled by her daughter, you know?