CAT scan

By , huntington beach, CA
Over time, mankind has endured numerous and massive diseases, harsh living conditions, early deaths, and epidemics. The average life expectancy of a human being has bounced up and down like a rubber ball. However, as time has progressed, mankind has greatly advanced in the medical field.
As our knowledge of the human body and disease advances, so does the demand for technology that can cope with our discoveries. One example of these technologies is the CAT scanner.
The CAT scanner is able to create a 3-D model of an object CAT scans take 2-D images of an object and stack them together to make a 3-dimensional model of the object being scanned. CAT scanners are often used to study the chest, abdomen and pelvis.
A CAT scan is faster and more efficient than a regular X-ray. CAT scans provide a detailed image of all tissues from multiple angles, whereas X-rays display a flat image. The CAT scanner is also used for diagnosing many forms of cancer.
A quick CAT scan can help detect a vascular disease that can cause a stroke, kidney failure, or ultimately death, before it becomes a serious threat, and can help find a treatment.
A CAT scanner can also detect osteoporosis by measuring the density of mineral in bones.
A CAT scan is performed by having the patient lye on their back or side on the examination table. The table will then move through the scanner to find a good starting position. The table then moves through the scanner slowly while the body of the patient is scanned.
A CAT scan usually takes less than 30 minutes.
CAT scans are usually painless and easy. However, if you have trouble lying still for several minutes, you may experience some discomfort, especially if you are claustrophobic.

leigh96 said...
i liked it. and it can be pronounced cat scanner, cat scan, or ct scan.

monkeyfeet2 said...
Sorry, but I think its just CT scan not CAT scan

lol123456 replied...
They are both right. CT and CAT. LOL