Teens and Sex

It can be very confusing. Teens get so many mixed messages from friends, parents, teachers, and the media. Everyone has a different opinion and as you become a teenager you think about these things. Do you want to save yourself for marriage or not? What is the point of saving yourself for marriage? Don’t you want to live a little and experience some things as a teen? Can you answer these? I cant I was thinking about it yesterday and I really don’t know what I want! Which to me is a sign that now or any time soon is not want I want because I am not ready and I do not want to regret it.
1. Should you wait until marriage?
2. Why would I wait until marriage?
3. But “everyone” is doing it
4.Do you want to experience life and make mistakes?

Here are my answers and I think it would be great if you answered them to.

1. Should I? I do not know, I do believe when the time comes WILL know and there will be no confusion on what I want. No I do not believe it is important to save yourself but it is not a bad thing if you do. I might and I might not. I don’t know how I will feel or when I will be less confused about this. So I do not believe in saving yourself for marriage but I might do it I might not.
2. If I waited it was because I wanted to feel secure and know that it was right. I wanted to make sure I was not going to regret what I did. It is something special you share with someone you love not someone you THINK you love or just something to get over with.
3. Well if I heard this my response would be “First off my name is not everyone my name is Samii and second why be like everyone else? I lie being different if you haven’t noticed and I would like to stand out and not be another face.”
4. Yes I want to experience life. No one wants to make mistakes we just do. So this is something I would not want to make a mistake with. This is something I want to be sure of. Children come from making mistakes (CHILDREN ARE NOT NOT NOT Mistakes!) disease comes from making mistakes. A lot of things come from making mistakes.

Answering these questions helps me see my thoughts clearly. I think it will help you (I do not expect your answers to match mine as I stated I am NOT into being another face) who agrees with me that it is so confusing and you really need to think about it for yourselves and forget what your friends tell you? It is your life. Live it how you want.

SonjaRenaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is really good, and we have pretty much the same view on this topic. I was raised with super strict "Chistian" (oh looks like I misspelled hypocrtical) parents. It was always pounded into my head to save myself for marriage. I'm still undecided on whether I will or not, but I know that until I am 100% sure on my decisions concerning this, it wouldn't be wise to jump into anything I could regret. You pretty much stated exactly what I believe when you basically stated that i... (more »)

ClarinetPower said...
I am planning on saving myself until marriage because I will know for sure that person is committed to me. I would not want to give myself to a boyfriend, only for us to break up a few weeks later.

darth replied...
Jun. 9 at 8:22 pm
Marriages are not eternal, there is no guarantee he or she won't cheat or change after getting married. There are also no princes on white unicorns in this world, so saving Ur virginity for one will end in rage/ cry posts on 9gag (after realizing being delusional for past 10 years and missing all the fun in high school and college). Also how do You know You will enjoy the partner when You do no try it before the formalities? Might end being a huge disapointment and ruin the marriage in lon... (more »)

clarinetlove said...
love wish i read it b4 i made that mistake

jazzytav95 said...
hey your articles ROCK love ya sami!

jazzytav95 replied...
I would NEVER and I do too l.u.r.v.e. you!!!

notebookgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
first off, great article and i agree with u. secondly, i was reading gucci capris and holister tees and u metioned in the comments section that you had done something on the subject of not being normal. i looked for it but didnt see it. did missunderstand your comment?

Zephyrine said...
I have thought about these a lot n I totally agree 100%

Carolina This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Personally I will wait until marriage.

bubblz96 said...
hi!! thanx 4 commenting!! yeah i think im gonna do that to az soon az i move out of my house!!! anywayyy.. i really likethis its sooo true!!!

ClarinetPower replied...
this is my personal opinion, but make sure you are ready before you act. I have a few people I know who have already done it, and know regret it.

islandlakatu said...
I like this a lot; That is so true and I like your opinion on it I 100% agree with you. The right time will come and you shouldn't be pressured to do anything you don't want. When it happens you'll know it. But really, great job.

axeldangerfrankenstein replied...
I just posted a comment but it didn't show up...ah, f**k it (pun intended)