Living With Diabetes | Teen Ink

Living With Diabetes

Living with diabetes can be hard. Having to watch your sugar all the time can be very stress full and annoying as a teenager, but in order to stay alive it is a must. I was only fourteen years old when the doctor had told me I had type one diabetes (the most dangerous one out of the two). I have to prick my finger everyday at least six times a day and have to take up to five shots a day. I hated to have give myself shots everyday of my life. Lucky there is a pump that I can receive to pump the insulin in my body without shots. I have overcome the facts that I would die without the care of myself if I want to live longer no matter how much I dislike it.

kaylah said...
Wow, I like this story. Because I can relate to you, my best friend has this disease to. When I hang out with her , I constantly have to make sure that she is feeling okay and doesn't feel like she is going to faint. When you said you have to take shots so does my friend in the beginning, but now she has a pump that just sticks to her arm and it beeps when she has to change it. Remember never give up because one day they will find a cure for Diabetes. I no this because each year we raise money for this cure praying they will find a cure.