Eliminate Your Teenage Acne | Teen Ink

Eliminate Your Teenage Acne

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

Fun, excitement, socializing, hangouts and many more things are common activities of teen years. When kids enter in their teen years all their excitements grow higher. They love to socialize and hangouts. But all these excitement and fun ends when pimples and acne starts appearing. The whole excitement converts into depression and frustration. As acne is any age affects people psychologically but in teen years it affects more psychologically then adults. Peoples and friends comments make them depressed.

Why kids in their teen years get acne?
When you observe acne you come to know that acne is more common in teen years then adults. People in their 40's or 50's years of age get acne but in teen years almost 80% kids get acne. The reason behind this is that in teen years hormonal changes occur in your body which affects our skin condition. These hormones affect our oil glands which causes acne. There are some other reasons as well but teen age acne is generally caused due to hormonal problems and genetics problems.

Treatment options:
To eliminate teenage acne is not as difficult as people think. What make it difficult are the myth which people believe and aggravates their skin condition. There are hundreds of treatments available which can cure acne or at least control it. If you have milder case of acne then there is nothing to worry about. You can cure it with simple home remedies and over the counter products. If you have moderate case of acne then it would be treated with home remedies and over the counter products but some moderate kind of acne is very stubborn and not responds well to these treatments then you would have to consult a dermatologist. Severe kind of acne should be treated by dermatologist because it is very necessary to find out the exact reason of acne and to treat it.

We will discuss one by one options which help to eliminate acne.

Home Remedies:
You can use natural resources to cure acne. Toothpaste, honey, lemon juice, tea tree oil, aloe Vera and cucumber, these are considered one of the best acne remedies. Healthy food is also good for skin. Take foods rich in vitamin A, B2, B3, E and zinc; these are very essential nutrients for acne sufferer. Try to take balance diet which consists of fruits and vegetables more and meat and oily food less.

Over the counter products:
To eliminate teenage acne, you can try over the counter products as well. Benzoyl peroxide is most affective active ingredient. Use those products which contain benzoyl peroxide. It is anti bacterial agents which kills acne bacteria and prevent further breakouts. Another option is salicylic acid; it is also an anti bacterial agent. Don't use benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid simultaneously.

Prescription medication:
Prescription medication needs dermatologist approval for use. When over the counter products fail to work or teenager has severe kind of acne then they consult a dermatologist. Erythromycin, Minocycline and tetracycline are most common drugs which are affective treatment for acne. If everything fails to work then dermatologist prescribe Accutane which cure acne by treating the main cause of it that is imbalance hormones. It has many mild to severe side effects that’s why it is prescribed under strict monitoring. In women acne is generally treated by using contraceptive pills as they control their hormones.