The Healing Process No One Told You About | Teen Ink

The Healing Process No One Told You About

August 5, 2023
By Siddhi_09 SILVER, Erlangen, Other
Siddhi_09 SILVER, Erlangen, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Where there is no struggle, there is no strength." Oprah Winfrey


We have all had to, in one way or another, heal from a situation or event that has been troublesome to us at some point in our lifetimes. Whether it is the mind that has been confuzzled, the body that has been in discomfort, the heart that has been ripped apart and gutted, or the soul that has been troubled, the process is never as easy as they tell you it will be. The healing process is confusing, difficult, euphoric, traumatic and so much more. For some, it takes ages, for others it happens overnight, and some die unhealed. All is well when we are healed. But what happens next? For so long, the thing that has defined you has been the thing the body, heart, mind and soul have been trying ever so hard to heal from. What happens when you’re healed? Are you not you anymore? Is this it? Is this, boring feeling the long-awaited happy ending? This nagging feeling is the reason why some people aren’t able to never truly heal themselves. They can’t accept the fact that they are not their trauma anymore. With great power comes great responsibility. And once they have gained the power over themselves again, the responsibility to keep themselves healed is too much to handle! So they go back to the way they were. They break themselves again because all they’ve known for days, months, years, lifetime is how to heal, not what to do once they are healed. The healing process no one told you about is the one that happens AFTER the healing process. Nothing. We can’t comprehend nothing. Nothing happens after the healing process and nothing happens after the healing process no one told you about. The wound can be healed but you must forever live with the scar. 


The author's comments:

The healing process is different for everyone but at the end of the journey, everyone is met with the same final step: the healing process no one told you about.