Date Rape Drugs

Date Rape Drugs

Date rape drugs are now commonly used to assist in sexual assault . There are three date rape drugs : GHB, Ketamine, and Rohypnol. Most have no color or odor so the victims do not know that the drugs have been added to their drinks. While girls look away from their drinks for a second, any guy can easily slip these dangerous drugs into their drinks. These drugs cause confusion, dizziness, relaxation, and nausea. The victims can’t remember what happened while drugged, many lapse into comas, and some have died. Some people claim that alcohol can also be considered a date rape drug because it impairs judgement. Then, a predator can easily take advantage of their victim.

I believe date rape drugs are extremely wrong. These drugs take control of a person so
that they will not know what is going on, and they won’t remember what has happened
to them. This is a moral issue because victims are taken advantage of in a most intimate
way; they are used for someone else’s pleasure and are unable to make their own decisions.
These drugs are unfair and the government should make them illegal in the United States.

BellaLuna said...
Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:11 am
awesome. have u read sticky fingers by Nikki Burnham i believe, i read it and that is when i first found out about this.