In General-Swine Flu | Teen Ink

In General-Swine Flu

May 6, 2009
By ryan..mc GOLD, Parsons, Kansas
ryan..mc GOLD, Parsons, Kansas
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
u are what u eat


Sure you’re use to the common cold but what about this new outbreak called the Swine Flu. It’s deadly, horrible, and has caused already one death in Texas. This outbreak has been spotted at least once in almost every state. It’s getting bad. This flu actually called Swine influenza which is found common in pigs but has now transferred over to humans and has caused a great defect on us. People over in Mexico are lining up for shots and check up’s and now the U.S. is terrified and more protective than ever with security across the Mexico border. Mexico is where this outbreak started and it was first found in the United States in Texas. It is spreading outrageously and many are so ill. Hospitals are packed and what are we to do. While the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) are keeping numbers they are also getting ready to prepare the biggest shipment of vaccines to try and stop this. New York has the highest outbreak case yet with 73 outbreaks and probably still to rise. The U.S. has 279 cases all together. The CDC gives guidelines and ways to help people know if they are diagnosed with it. They advise schools to shut down if they think a case of this is in their school. The Swine Flu has spread to other countries so be aware when traveling and for now be cautious.


The author's comments:
we shall get better!!