Sneezing? | Teen Ink

Sneezing?

By max jensen BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
max jensen BRONZE, Reno, Nevada

I sneezed with my mouth open, what’s the worst that could happen? Sneezing is a very common and natural semi-autonomous explosion in the lungs usually caused by foreign air particles irritating the nasal mucosa. The question is if your going to close your mouth. Some cultures believe sneezing is an agent of disease dissemination, so if you disseminate your diseases where do they go? Well an answer to that is unknown but if you don’t cover your mouth you could be getting people very, very, very sick. Now how’s that for your conscience? If your one of those people that have a large gaping hole where your heart is supposed to be then I guess you wouldn’t care. For those people that actually have sympathy for their fellow man then take two seconds and cover or divert your sneeze.

Now if I haven’t convinced you yet, which I may or may not, I have some facts that could help you make your decision. There are many preventive ways to counter a sneeze, you have the theories and the facts. Some theories that may prevent a sneeze could be, holding your breath and counting to ten, crinkling your nose or even as simple as saying mayonnaise. So if you really don’t want to cover your mouth, then try one of these but if it doesn’t work here are some for sure procedures you can take to stop sneezing almost completely. Such as keeping your house clean, replacing air filters annually but mainly keeping you house fresh and clean.

so the next time you even think on sneezing I hope my words pop into your head and you run to the nearest box of tissues and unload all of those diseases into that very thin piece of paper.