Health Issues | Teen Ink

Health Issues

By Mikayla Nassabeh BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Mikayla Nassabeh BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

In our society today, there are many health issues. People are choosing fast food more, since there are so many fast food restaurants. People aren't even thinking about what food they put in their mouthes. Everybody needs to realize that the more fat and cholesterol they put into their bodies, the slower their heart will beat, and that will lead to shorter lives. Some people realize they are unhelathy and set their minds to eat healhier, but the fats and cholesterol in the food is sucking them back in.
One solution, would be to offer a bigger variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats that aren't very red. This would help because if there was a bigger variety of all those healthy foods, and less junk food, then families would start eating right because there wouldn't be enough junk.
Another idea would be to put a chart of the food pramid and also have health articles in the newspaper about how bad junk food is affecting people and all the healthier foods we could be eating. Alot of people read the newspaper and that would help out alot. Also, health charts could be in stores on some of the walls to know what to buy to become healthier.
Another idea, would be to replace some of the fast food restaurants with restaurants that serve salads and healthy subs, like Subway. I do have to admit that people don't always have time to go home and get something healthy to eat, so they go to McDonald's, Burger King, or Wendy's. And, have you ever noticed that if you take out the "s" in fast, it becomes fat food. Having junk food is bad for you but having, maybe, once every two weeks, then that would be ok because you wouldn't be having alot of it.
I'm sure that not many people see health issues in food like I do. But, it is a big issue. We don't have to ban "fat foods", but we can atleast limit them, making for a healthier diet. That way, everyone will have a long and happy, healthy life.

When I saw this was one of the subjects I could write about, then this idea just popped into my head. I do eat fast food often, I admit, and I'm sure my health isn't the best, it's ok, but it could be better. I am going to start listening to my own article and if this article does get published, I hope everyone who reads it will listen to my article. Spread the word!

Tyler said...
on May. 12 2015 at 12:54 am
Interesting. I like it