Middle School Relationships | Teen Ink

Middle School Relationships

March 5, 2009
By Anonymous

Interviewed: Kylie and Graham
Q: Do you find it difficult sometimes to cope with school and having a girlfriend/boyfriend?

A: Kylie: No, he’s not in any of my classes, but if he was I’d probably get all E’s.
Graham: No, unless she’s mad at you.

Q: What do you feel is your biggest obstacle in your relationship?

A: Kylie: Not being able to see him on the weekend.
Graham: Getting gifts, that’s the hardest part because you don’t know what she wants.

Q: How well do you really know each other?

A: Kylie: I know him enough to love him.
Graham: She’s my girlfriend and we’ve been going out for almost four months. What do you think?

Q: Is it hard finding gifts for one another with all the holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries?

A: Kylie: Yes, because I spend all my money before I get a chance to buy him something.
Graham: No, not really it’s pretty easy to buy the gift.

Q: What do you think of middle school relationships?

A: Kylie: They’re not a waste of time and I think my relationship with Graham is serious.
Graham: I think they really are good because you get to see them every day and I think they’re serious, they’re not just something to do if you really like a girl.

Q: Do you think your relationship is destined to work out in the future?

A: Kylie: I want it to last and I hope it does for a long time.
Graham: Maybe, I hope so, because I really like Kylie.

Q: Do you think you’re in a healthy relationship now?

A: Kylie: Yes, we’re both honest and he makes me happy.
Graham: Yeah because were not fighting and were honest with each other and were really good people.