Lonely | Teen Ink

Lonely

By carmello13 BRONZE, Norfolk, Virginia
carmello13 BRONZE, Norfolk, Virginia

Have you ever lost your pet or best friend again couldn’t get it out of your mind? Well I have even through it happen 6 years ago I remember it like it happen yesterday, cant understand why but I just do.
My mom had just got me from the babysitters and we were going home, I could tell my mother had a bad day at work so I was hoping that my brother had done what he was suppose to do so they wouldn’t start fight, but as normal my brother had not done what he was suppose to do in he and my mother started fussing. After fussing for 10 minutes everything was quiet and my mother was in my dinning room sit down. I could tell she was mad but she tired not to show it. I quickly asked my mother were my brother was at in she said “I don’t know, forget him we don’t need him”. At that moment I realize this fight was not like any other fight my mother n brother had got in to it was much bigger I quickly ran out side to catch my brother but by the time I got out the door he and his friend were driving off.
The night morning I was awoken to my other brother yelling “dang wood how u gets locked up yo”! you see back then everything I heard I told so I quickly woke up my father n told him my brother was in jail he did not believe me in roll over and went back to sleep. About 30 minutes later there was a knock on the door it was my brother’s friend mother she was crying and wanted to speak with my father. After talking for a while she left in my father sat there like he was frozen you couldn’t say nothing he couldn’t even move. little while later my mother got off work and came home she was also crying, once she got home she quickly told me to go to my room she would come in talk to me in a little bit. While I was sitting in my room I couldn’t understand why everybody was crying it wasn’t his first time being in jail. I didn’t realize that my brother was in jail for something really really bad 6 months later when the judge said guilty and my mother started to cry, they gave my brother 14 years.
Ever since that day nothing has been he same in my house, everybody took it there own way some held it in and after let it. but I think I took it the hardest he was my best friend and when they took him away from me I lost everything because to a 8 year old a best friend mean a lot to them in he was my only one. But its getting better very slowly and with my family and god on my side I should be okay.

on Jan. 15 2010 at 9:04 am
carmello13 BRONZE, Norfolk, Virginia
thank u very much

kiwi12 PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
very moving.