What the Future Might Hold for the Environment | Teen Ink

What the Future Might Hold for the Environment

By Faris El-Kildani BRONZE, Westland, Michigan
Faris El-Kildani BRONZE, Westland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

In 40 years from now, the environment is sure to change. Although we might not know how, we can make a conjecture as how it might turn out.
40 years from now, it is very likely that technology will be a huge part of society and the way we live. But as for the environment, there are a lot of possible outcomes for it. For one, you could say that a couple of animal species might be extinct. Though it would not be a very pleasant thing, polar bears might be extinct. They would not have anywhere to live, if the sea ice habitat it lives on melts. Global warming would be a main cause of that. Air pollution might just get worse over the years, due to the extensive amount of cars and their car exhaust. Life on Earth could be threatened by the ozone layer's depletion. The ultraviolet light that emit from the sun's rays could be very harmful to us. Ultraviolet light causes sunburn, and it can damage eyes and could lead to cataracts. However, if we all start to take care of the environment, and try to limit the chemicals we use that may lead to ozone depletion. You could drive cars that give off less car exhaust or just drive less. But who knows, maybe something totally different might happen. Different in a good way hopefully. Perhaps, later in time, humans might find some way to preserve the environment, but we hope not too late.

1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I was thinking hard about what would come of us,while writing this. When you have read this, I hope you see too.

Colin Flavin BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Hey not bad Feris, look at mine.