Environment | Teen Ink

Environment

By Georginna Jarratt BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
Georginna Jarratt BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan

Have you ever driven by one of those what seems to be 'Sledding Hills?' Well turns out those 'sledding hills' are actually giant garbage dumps. The stinky garbage trucks that drive around to pick up your garbage on Tuesdays, or whatever other day take the garbage there and just dump it on top. EWW gross! Each little speck of garbage is damaging the environment.

We are just sitting there watching our latest season of Jon and Kate plus 8, while garbage is eating away at the earth. Come on people wake up recycle more, reduce your use of paper. For beginners, start by using both sides of your page in your math notebook instead of only the front side.

I mean isn't it cool that every thing you recycle gets made into a new and improved object. They are actually starting to make cloths out of recycled items. For example making skirts out of pop cans. There is a way to take the scraps and make them soft. Maybe you don't find it interesting but I do. So get up off your butt, and shut that T.V off and take action in helping the environment.

EmilyB. said...
EmilyB., Livonia, Michigan
Hey I recycle, and didn't miss one episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 this season. But anyway good job gigi.

Emily

on Mar. 30 2009 at 1:16 am
NymphadoraTonks BRONZE, Livonia, Michigan
I like this, Gigi!

Catherine said...
wow gigi ur funny