Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

By Katelin Spooner BRONZE, Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Katelin Spooner BRONZE, Pompton Plains, New Jersey

The most pressing environmental issue our world has today is global warming. This issue has been addressed for many years now. The reasons I think that this is a huge issue is because it is going to effect, maybe not us directly, but will effect us or our future generations in some way. Global warming also tells us about how we live our lives now verses how they used to back in the day and now we have to face something big that we have created. This problem will effect our future generations because global warming affects the ozone layer and without the ozone layer the rays of the sun reach us at its full capacity. So if the holes in the ozone layer get any bigger or do not start to get smaller then the rays of the sun will hit the earth and it will be very, very hot! This problem shows us how we have evolved, or changed in the years and centuries that we have lived. In the time setting of The Little House on the Prairie they didn't worry about if there hairspray was going to hold up or if their car went fast, (which are a few reasons why the ozone layer is depleting) but we do know that doesn't help our environment even if we don't really realize it. We have created this problem by driving places we can walk, using unnecessary hairspray, and trying to cut back on air emissions and those are huge reasons why the ozone layer has been punctured. Everyone can help with this huge problem nothing is too small whether you ride your bike to school or just stop using aerosol cans. Everyone has a part in this world and everyone can use it to the worlds and their futures advantage.

on Mar. 8 2009 at 5:30 pm
Jeryl-Ann Asaro, Pompton Plains, New Jersey
You make some strong points. I live close to school, but do take a car. Maybe now that spring is here, I should get up earlier and take my bicycle. We can all help in small ways.