You Me Animals Community | Teen Ink

You Me Animals Community

By Bubblegumcandyfloss BRONZE, Johannesburg, Other
Bubblegumcandyfloss BRONZE, Johannesburg, Other

There's this story of a dog named Oogy. Just ten weeks old, an innocent victim to the world we live in. He was tied to a stake and used as bait for a pit bull. The poor pup sustained many injuries, including one of his ears being completely torn off and his lower rib cage crushed by the pit bulls strong bite. Weak and in excruciating pain, Oogy was tossed aside, bloody and torn up, tossed in a cage and left to bleed to death. Take a minute to imagine this happening to a human. Imagine you're siblings or parents left for dead after playing their part in another's cruel joke. Can you? I personally for one can’t. Such a thing would be inhumane,unjustified, and unjustifiable. We would all want to put a stop to it as soon as possible wouldn't we? What's the difference when it comes to these animals. Animals are a part of our community, and together we will be able to put a stop to organized cruelty, animals used for entertainment, and pet abandonment.

Organized animal abuse is an illegal sport that is played. Animals are specifically bred and trained to fight in an enclosed pit or ring. These games usually last several hours, and the injuries sustained to these animals are very severe.My dog died because someone had poisoned a piece of meat and thrown it over our fence. As soon as he ate it the deed was done. He was an innocent victim yet he had the worst fate. This is what he got for unwavering loyalty and commitment.This is what he got for loving his family. This is what he got for protecting us. My beloved dog is not the only one who has faced harsh times. Animal entertainment is very common nowadays. The circus and carnival are one of the many ways in which animal incapturement is promoted. They are forced to wear ridiculous and uncomfortable outfits, trying to perform confusing, repetitive, and sometimes even painful acts. Pet abandonment is a big problem worldwide.To make money people keep breeding more puppies, and people abandon their old pets in exchange and throw them in the pound. As soon as these animals make their way to the pound, there is little chance that they make their way out alive.

Can you imagine a world without the beautiful creatures that live side by side with us. Imagine not having your dog to take walks on and love. Soon the love, if any that they show you, will no longer be given for free. Animals are part of the community and we need to protect and nurture them. In You me, and community, animals are included to. The cruelty will no longer leave them the trusting and innocent animals that they used to be. i don't know about you, but I don’t  want to live in a world like that.

So what can we do about it? If you ever hear about an illegal gathering than take it on your shoulders to tell someone in authority. Every place is different. In some you will have to go to police departments to inform, and in others you would have to contact an animal control agency. Be aware of your surroundings. Don't attend places with animal entertainment and don't give away your pets. Instead of getting your pets from the store instead select from animal shelters and donate to these shelters as well.

Animals are part of our community and we have to protect them. Together we can put a stop to illegal animal fights, animals as a source of entertainment, and pet abandonment. These are the same pets who give us love and loyalty, Shouldn't we give something back?