The World WE Live In | Teen Ink

The World WE Live In

January 13, 2016
By AllieIz GOLD, South Bend, Indiana
AllieIz GOLD, South Bend, Indiana
15 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing changes if nothing changes.


Todays world is crazy. I dont mean locked ina mental hospital, put in a straight jacket crazy, no. The world we live in, our world, is full of hostility and resentment. We force feed it to one another. Do we mean to? Not all the time. Lets say you're the new girl/guy at school, people instantly want to look at you. They dont want to look at you because of nasty reasons, but in way, thats what it becomes. They look at you because they see a stranger in you. They want to see you. I dont mean the outside, i mean the real you that no one knows. People use each other in so many ways. Its one thing or another. There is one thing in every human being walking this Earth. It is in some more than others. Acquisitiveness. Avarice. Or in a more common less effective term, greed. I believe that our wars, our mobs, theyre all about the same thing. Getting what they want. I like to believe that if money was never created, that we were kind to each other and worked together to keep people alive, we wouldnt have to worry about people stealing. Think about it. What if one day you woke up, got some coffee, settled onto the couch, and turned on the tv. Only to find that the money system shut down. We have gotten so used to paying so much for so little, people would go to stores and steal everything, until nothing is left. Our world, the world we live in, is crazy. And one day, its going to kill us all.