Bottled Water | Teen Ink

Bottled Water

By amk20 BRONZE, Hartland Wi, Wisconsin
amk20 BRONZE, Hartland Wi, Wisconsin

I am for bottled water. Water bottles are good because in general I think people need it. Its cleaner and better tasting and you can use the recycled plastic for other everyday materials.

People need water because we need it to survive. Your body is 60% water, your brain is 70% water, your eyeball is 70% water, and your lungs are around 90% water. Water is more important for your body's survival than food. You can live without water for approximately one week, but you can survive without food for more than a month. “Lack of water, or dehydration, reduces the amount of blood in your body, forcing your heart to pump harder in order to deliver oxygen-bearing cells to your muscles” by Robin Elizabeth Margolis, Demand Media.

When you recycle water bottles, it is used to make so many things that are probably in your house. When you recycle any kind of bottle it goes to a huge building that has a machine that you put the plastic in packs it together. When it is all done, it gets chopped into little flakes that are smaller than popcorn kernels called PET. Then they put it into another machine that does the PET in to fiber (with is a kind of fabric. Later the fabric is spun into yarn. They use the fiber as stuff like clothing and office cubicles.

They are cleaner because the bottled water industry supports a good public water system which is important for getting people clean and safe drinking water. Many bottled water companies use public water sources for their products. “Once the water enters the bottled water plant several processes are employed to ensure that it meets the purified standard of the U.S.  the bottled water industry supports a strong public water system which is important for providing citizens with clean and safe drinking water” By IBWA.

So in conclusion, I think water bottles are good to have because people need it. Its cleaner and better tasting and you can use the recycled plastic for other everyday materials.