The Environment Beats All | Teen Ink

The Environment Beats All

By VolcanicMaster BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
VolcanicMaster BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

In today’s world, we have so much war, violence, politics, celebrities, and so many other human created things that we don’t take the time to think about our environment. We wouldn’t be able to do everything we do today without our atmosphere, but we continue to destroy it with smog, methane, and other gases. I think the most important social issue is the environment. And here’s why:

It’s what allows us to do everything else. The Earth has water, carbon dioxide, oxygen, land, and reasonable temperatures. We were given the essentials for life by the Earth, but now it needs it’s favor returned. Climate change might not be affected by humans, but it is a problem regardless. Temperatures are rising and it will soon be noticed as a major problem rather than just another news article. If returning a huge favor isn’t incentive enough, humans will probably die if we keep destroying our home.

Another reason that the environment is the most important social issues today is because it will start affecting our daily lives. A constant sunburn and giving birth to cyclopses and three-armed kids would not be fun. Eventually and probably, humans would adapt to the radiation and heat from the sun that would be deadly without an atmosphere. On top of that, a magnetic pole reversal is soon to come, which means our magnetic field which protects us from the sun is at its weakest. With the constant need for food, cows are mass produced to mass produce meat, but also mass produces methane in the process. Methane, dubbed a greenhouse gas, makes the Earth like a greenhouse, hence the name. Unfortunately for the Earth and us, this makes the Earth hotter and damages the ozone layer that protects us from harmful radiation and heat as a backup for the magnetic field.

In conclusion, the environment is the most important social issue today because the environment will start affecting our daily lives and the environment is what lets us live. This might belong in a national geographic magazine if I knew more about climate change but I hope you liked my paper.