Solar Panel Car | Teen Ink

Solar Panel Car

January 4, 2015
By Tyler Turpin BRONZE, Woodstown, New Jersey
Tyler Turpin BRONZE, Woodstown, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Look dad gas has dropped to less than $2.20 per gallon; can we go to Florida now? Wouldn’t it be nice if we didn’t have to wait for gas prices to drop and we could just drive wherever, whenever? What if you didn’t need to plug in your car into the wall or pollute the air with gasoline? What if there was a car that used the sun to run. You may wonder if this is possible.

You never have to stop again to recharge your vehicle or stop to buy gas at a gas station if which could a car that uses the sun. We could limit pollutants that weaken the atmosphere. If we all started to use solar power to use our cars, we would reduce the amount of pollutants emitted to that the atmosphere that are destroying the outer layer.

   

We have started to use solar electricity to power our homes. Why can’t they use it to power our cars? We can, solar-powered prototypes have been destroyed. These cars will lead us to a better future. The new solar panel car is the path to a brighter future. The new solar panel car is the path to a brighter future.
   

However, these cars will not be cheap to make. There will be high costs to design these cars to be mass produced. You may wonder why it will cost so much. The car will have to be handmade, because the material is fragile. This will increase the cost to produce the car. It will also have to be constructed out of very expensive material. Carbon fiber is a light weight material that is very strong. Carbon fiber is also used in jets. Also, the car would only be able to hold up to three people. So if you have a family of five people, you will have to buy two cars. The cost the cars are expected to be around $300,000 per car. Saving the earth is not cheap, but it will pay off if we are able to save the earth.
   

The majority of pollutants that damage the Ozone layer are emitted by cars that run on gasoline. If we were able to eliminate gas cars this would go a long way into saving the Ozone layer. It may still cost a lot but it will be worth it. The earth is a fragile thing that cannot be tampered with. If we do not change soon it will be too late. The world as we know it will not exist so that there is a chance we need to make to make to save our world!