Magnificent World | Teen Ink

Magnificent World

December 1, 2014
By emmaa.mm BRONZE, Calgary, Other
emmaa.mm BRONZE, Calgary, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I stand on the rocky water edge gazing at the beautiful scene before me. Shadows cast down on the lake from the bright sun. Gigantic snow-capped mountains tower over the verdant green trees. Faint deer trails sink into the grass around the side of the lake. Slowly I walk over to the grass around the side of the river, as I get closer to the side of the river the grass begins to feel like quicksand and my feet start sinking. As I take a small step back a slight breeze goes by and I breathe in the fresh mountain air, I can almost taste the pine trees. I look down at the water and I can see my reflection perfectly, almost as if it is a mirror. The water is completely still, I reach down and touch the water with the tip of my finger. Circles silently radiate outwards from the spot I touched on the water. Above me I hear birds chirping through the air, it almost sounds like a melody. As I take one more step back and look up and the radiant, fascinating landscape before me and think, what a magnificent world we have.


The author's comments:

This piece is jsut to try and capture a small piece of the beuty in our world.