Unplug Everything!!! | Teen Ink

Unplug Everything!!!

By LardOssimsauce SILVER, Minnesota City, Minnesota
LardOssimsauce SILVER, Minnesota City, Minnesota

There are things that one simple man cannot do alone: live forever, gain superpowers, and save the world. Wait! He can help with that last one. Maybe with some help of his friends he would be able to save the world. Right now, the world is one huge machine and it’s powered by electricity. This machine is hurting itself and it’s constant sucking of electrical energy is doing more harm than good.

My plan to put a stop to this is to absolutely unplug any and everything that’s not in use and also work to become more independent of all of the electrical appliances around me. My plan will only be for about 30 days. While being independent of all of my electronics I can now work out more often, save money, and get outside more to maybe walk the dogs and other activities.

To be honest, my room was full of electronics plugged into every outlet, and even those had serket breakers plug into each one of them. So it was quite easy to just unplug the breakers and the whole room would go dark. After a few days of doing this, my room sort of had a different feeling to it. It was almost like the electricity had created a forcefield that I had been living with. Plus it had mental effect of knowing that I was contributing to global warming and other environmental problems like the energy crisis of course.

So I made a plan with my friends and we would unplug all of our stuff each and every day. We all felt very good after the fact, many of us just refused to plug in anything again because of how independent they grew. It was great to see.

Then came the part of billing. All of our bills jumped down quite a lot. We could now all afford to buy things like cool books and even repair supplies for a moped. Some of us also started diets! Many of us were giving up pop and fast foods. This project was looking amazing so far and is still going very well to this day! 

Just think, what if everyone did this? What if we went back to the old days when everybody found enjoyment in things that didn’t need a cord or batteries? I can bet the world would be a lot healthier and not just a electrical sucking machine! This is how I would change the world.